2017 Awakening - Tung Ting Oolong
Lugu, Nantou, Taiwan
A most traditional oolong, this is a Tung Ting out of Taiwan, the birthplace of oolong tea. We have lamented our lack of Taiwanese oolongs for quite a long time, and lamented the loss of our previous house oolong even more, but this one fills the role handily. Smooth as silk and rich like butter, this one will satisfy any lighter, greener oolong drinkers. Easy and accessible. We are proud to call this our new house oolong.
- Use 7g (≈2 tsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F) water
- Steep for 3:30, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Fried tiewanese oolong tea.