Avenging Fury - CTC Tanzanian Black
Luponde Estate — Njombe, Tanzania
Punching up to the slot of strongest black tea in the shop, the Avenging Fury gives even the stalward Van Helsing and Wicked Thunder a run for their money.
The Avenging Fury is truly a ferocious, furious black tea with something to prove. Incredible flavor kicks past expectation, providing a wickedly astringent flavor with sandy overtones. It makes a marvelous iced tea with a touch of sugar, and takes very well to milk/sugar as a hot drink. Feel free to try it straight, though, just be ready for what it brings to the table.
- Use 7g (≈2 tsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Tanzanian CTC black tea.