Autumn's Embrace - Dark Jasmine Herbal
Red Rooibos Base — Caffeine-Free
OUT OF STOCK DUE TO BLACK WALNUT SHORTAGE
This blend is out of stock due to the increasing difficulty in obtaining black walnut hulls. As a key ingredient in this tea, it may be a while before it's back. We're hoping for early March, but we're just not sure at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience.
In the dark of the coming winter, as the leaves around you shed from trees, littering the ground with dead growth, there is solace to be found. Like a dryad grove amongst the blackened orange leaves of autumn, a bastion of safety for the coming darkness of the cold. These guardians of the forest, children of nature, offer you a drink to warm your bones. The winds carry a chill, winter comes for you, but in this moment, surrounded by bare trees and reddened leaves, you are safe. Content.
The cup contains flowers, familiar, but different, bright and floral jasmine. But no green tea. Something darker, harder. Rooibos. It brings with it notes of tobacco and earth to offset the flowery tone. It seems paired with black walnut, darkening the drink to the color of the leaves beneath your feet, delving it further into the earth in flavor and giving it a taste deeper than any jasmine you've had before. But as a grace, a light citrus-y herbish flavor comes in the tail end. Lemongrass, bright, smooth, friendly, warming. All in all, it makes for a dark, intense, floral experience sure to keep you warm, content, and safe from the coming storm of winter.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use 80°C/175°F water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Don't forget to try for multiple infusions! Just add time to each steep.
- For under 2:00 steep times, add 30 sec.
- For 2:00 to 4:00, add 1 minute.
- For over 4:00, add 2 minutes or more.
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 11g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
- South African red rooibos
- Organic Guatemalan lemongrass
- Organic American black walnut hulls\
- Natural jasmine flavor
We are a small independent operation, and as such we operate inside of our retail space, the Phoenix Pearl Tea Tavern in Red Lodge, MT. We bag teas for orders while also serving in-store customers, including making cups of tea, making food, and selling bulk and retail purchases. Our employees work as quickly as they can, but we don't have a warehouse to operate out of with dedicated employees. As such, orders may take anywhere from 1-5 business days to ship. Thank you for understanding.