2014 Amaterasu - Fermented White Pu-Erh Brick
Fascinating, both novel and tasty. The Amaterasu is a fermented Yunnan white tea from Pu'er Village fermented in the traditional style of Pu-Erh, but kept white, never broken, fried, or oxidized. It comes out smooth and sunny, very much like a baimudan, but with interesting undertones of earthy Pu-Erh. At the affordable $35 price point for a full 357g brick, this one's a solid option for any curious!
- Break 7g of leaf off the brick per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water
- Break chunks into several smaller chunks
- For both of these steps, consider using a pu-erh knife to break the chunks, or use your fingers for the smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Use 75°C/165°F water
- Steep for 4 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? We might not suggest it here, but steep an extra minute or two and try it out!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
Fermented Chinese Yunnan pu-erh white tea.