2014 African Rains - Malawian Black
Satemwa Estate — Shire Highlands, Thyolo, Malawi
Straight from the Shire Highlands of Malawi, we bring this whole-leaf vintage black tea from a 2014 rainy-season picking. The flavor profile is mild with softly sweet overtones and a thick, oily texture. Notes of wood, earth, and malt. Works well as an everyday black tea, both with or without milk/sugar.
This is a single-estate tea from the Satemwa Estate in the Shire Highlands at an elevation of 1 km. It's a 3rd-generation independent tea & coffee estate established in 1923.
- Use 7g (≈1 tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz) of water.
- Use boiling (100°C/212°F) water
- Steep for 3 minutes, strain leaves, and enjoy!
- Like milk in your tea? Steep an extra minute!
- Too strong? Take off a minute, or use 5g of leaf instead!
- Too light? Kick it up another minute, or use 10g of leaf instead!
- Wanna do a tea latte?
- Use 10g (≈1½ tbsp) of leaf per ½ liter (≈17 oz).
- Steep 2 minutes in ¼ liter (≈8 oz) boiling (100°C/212°C) water
- Add ¼ liter (≈8 oz) hot milk, steep another 3 minutes.
- Strain leaves, add sugar if you like (1 tsp usually does it), and enjoy!
Malawi Thyolo black tea.